Edwards bovine pericardial patch
A dependable bovine pericardial patch, born from 30+ years of bovine tissue expertise.
Edwards Lifesciences, the long-established bovine tissue technology leader, provides the Edwards bovine pericardial patch designed for a variety of applications including:
- Augmenting the patient’s own pericardium to assist in closure following open-heart surgery
- Closure of intracardiac defects
- Repairing septal defects
- Annulus repairs
- Cardiac and vascular reconstruction and repairs
- Peripheral vascular reconstruction and repairs
- Great vessel reconstruction and repairs
- Suture-line buttressing
With more than 30 years of bovine tissue expertise and the proven performance of tissue processed through Edwards’ proprietary XenoLogiX* technology for surgical heart valves**, the Edwards bovine pericardial patch is a dependable solution for cardiac and vascular procedures.
As a leader in heart valve therapy, Edwards continues to work with a commitment to provide cardiac surgeons with reliable solutions, from a company they can trust.
Flexible and easy to handle
- Designed for dependable cardiac and vascular repair
- XenoLogiX* two-step processing treatment for dependable performance
- The same tissue with demonstrated long-term durability in Edwards’ surgical heart valves**
- Ready to use after standard rinse duration
- Easy to suture with dependable suture retention
- Tissue thickness: 0.5 mm +/- 0.25 mm
- Bovine pericardial tissue contains a high amount of structural protein with elastic properties that allow conformity to challenging anatomy
- Bovine pericardial patches are reported to show a significant decrease in intraoperative suture line bleeding compared to Dacron
* No clinical data are available that evaluate the long-term impact of the XenoLogiX treatment in patients.
** Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT pericardial aortic bioprosthesis
Available in one size, designed for a variety of applications
|4700||Edwards bovine pericardial patch|
(Packaged sterile in container with glutaraldehyde)
|10 cm x 15 cm|