Treatment is complex and options are limited
Mitral regurgitation (MR) occurs in approximately 2% of the population, with up to 10% of people over 75 years old affected1
Medically managed patients with severe MR have poor outcomes2
- Empowering delivery system with direct manoeuvring in 3 planes
- Independent leaflet capture
Designed for effective MR
- Broad paddles maximize leaflet coaptation
- Central spacer fills the regurgitant orifice area
- Spacer & contoured paddle design reduce stress on leaflets
- Implant elongation helps promote safe subvalvular manoeuvring
Empowering PASCAL delivery system with direct manoeuvring in 3 planes to improve procedural efficiency
Broad paddles create a wide area for simplified leaflet capture
Independent leaflet capture supports gentle interaction and enables operators to capture leaflets in difficult pathologies
Configuration delivers desired outcomes while respecting native anatomy
Contoured paddles and a unique central spacer are designed to reduce leaflet stress while implant elongation helps promote safe subvalvular manoeuvring
and tricuspid portfolio
Sign up now to receive event and news information from Edwards Lifesciences including:
- Congress highlights
- Webinar invites
- Product announcements and updates
Thank you for registering to receive information from Edwards Lifesciences.
If you are a licensed healthcare professional, we also invite you to contact your local Edwards Lifesciences sales representative for product information, including information on Cardioband.
- Nkomo VT, Gardin JM, Skelton TN, et al. Burden of valvular heart diseases: a population-based study. Lancet. 2006;368:1005-1011.
- Goel SS, Bajaj N, Aggarwal B, et al. Prevalence and outcomes of unoperated patients with severe symptomatic mitral regurgitation and heart failure: comprehensive analysis to determine the potential role of MitraClip for this unmet need. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63:185-186.
- Praz F, Spargias K, Chrissoheris M et al. Compassionate use of the PASCAL transcatheter mitral valve repair system for patients with severe mitral regurgitation: a multicentre, prospective, observational, first-in-man study. Lancet. 2017;390(10096):773-780.