- This publication reports the outcomes of two independent studies using a juvenile sheep model of mitral valve replacement with bovine pericardial tissue
- In an 8-month study, valves with RESILIA tissue were compared to control valves with XenoLogiX treatment (XLX)
- In a 5-month study, valves with RESILIA tissue were compared to control valves treated with the ThermaFix process (TFX)
- Control valves were commercially available Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT mitral valves, models 6900P, and 7000TFX. Test articles were the same models configured with RESILIA tissue
- Explanted valves were examined macroscopically and histologically. Histological observations were made by an independent pathologist, blinded to group identity
- Independent means of pannus quantification were employed in the two studies
For a more detailed overview of the Pannus Formation Study methodology and results please download the clinical summary.