Our commitment to charitable giving and participation in philanthropic causes is one of the defining elements of Edwards Lifesciences’ culture. We feel fortunate to be able to support many health- and community-focused programs through grants to non-profit organizations from the Edwards Lifesciences Foundation. In addition, we provide numerous monthly opportunities for our employees to volunteer in our communities with an aspiration that we will reach 100 percent participation each year. For more information about our annual performance and goals, please visit the volunteerism & giving
Our Foundation evaluates all grant applications during our annual grant cycle, through which a majority of our giving is done. The grant cycle opens with a call for applications in late spring, applications are evaluated by our committees in late summer through early fall, and grantees are notified in late fall.
2017 grant cycleThe 2017 grant cycle is now open. Please visit cybergrants.com/edwards/grants to access our on-line grant application (only one grant request per organization please).
- 2017 grant cycle opened on Monday, May 15, 2017
- 2017 grant cycle will close on Friday, June 23, 2017
- 2017 applicants will be notified by the end of September 2017
Goals and objectives of our philanthropy
- Execute our Every Heartbeat Matters philanthropic initiative with a goal that, by 2020, our philanthropy will support the education,
screeningand treatment of one million underserved people
- Expand awareness of cardiovascular disease, its
preventionand treatment with an emphasis on heart valve and critically ill patients
- Enhance support and access to care for underserved heart valve and critically ill patients
- Support research and education to increase expertise and innovation in treating heart valve and critically ill patients
- Strengthen the communities in which our employees live and work
- Provide opportunities for employees to volunteer
- Establish trusted partnerships to further leverage impact
- Operate consistently with the principles of Edwards Lifesciences’ Credo
Types of programs supported by our Foundation
- Every Heartbeat Matters Programs – Programs that educate, screen and/or treat underserved people to reduce the global burden of heart valve disease
- Community Programs – Programs that strengthen the communities where our employees live and work, and provide opportunities for employee volunteerism
- Other Programs – Programs that meet other vital community or patient needs; these often include education and awareness campaigns, research, and/or direct care for underserved patients
Requirements of organizations supported by our Foundation
U.S.-based organizations must be a tax-qualified charitable organization by demonstrating 501(c)(3) tax status, and qualifying as a not-for-profit public charity as defined by Section 509(a)(1), (2), or (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Organizations based outside the U.S. must be a public charity substantially similar in governance,
Additionally, all grant applicants must: (1) meet the grant type criteria; (2) complete the appropriate application; and (3) provide appropriate supplemental information (e.g., qualifying tax status, supporting financial statements and program budget).
All partners of our Every Heartbeat Matters grant program, as well as other grant partners conducting work with patients, are required to sign a program agreement before receiving funds. A sample template copy of that grant agreement is available here.
Please update to a current version of your preferred browser, this site will perform effectively on the following:Unable to update your browser?
If you are on a computer, that is maintained by an admin and you cannot install a new browser, ask your admin about it. If you can't change your browser because of compatibility issues, think about installing a second browser for browsing and keep this old one for compatibility