Stay ahead of critical moments
In the OR, every second counts. And as an anesthesiologist or anesthesia assistant, patient safety is your number-one priority. Today you are faced with an increasingly complex patient population. HemoSphere advanced monitoring platform provides a comprehensive view of tissue oximetry and hemodynamics, giving you confidence in knowing continuous oxygen saturation and perfusion.
For more than 50 years, Edwards Lifesciences has been helping you make proactive clinical decisions and advance the care of surgical and acutely ill patients across the continuum of care.
Intraoperative hypotension matters. Recent studies show associations between intraoperative hypotension and increased risk of acute kidney injury (AKI) and myocardial injury1-3 — the leading cause of post-operative mortality within 30 days after surgery.1 Prolonged exposures below mean arterial pressure (MAP) thresholds of 65 mmHg are associated with an increased risk of myocardial injury and AKI after noncardiac surgery.1
Acumen Hypotension Prediction Index (HPI) software
Developed in partnership with clinicians, our first-of-its-kind predictive decision support software detects the likelihood of a patient trending towards a hypotensive event* before the event occurs, and provides you with insights to understand the root cause and inform a potential course of action for your patient.
Studies have shown that Acumen HPI software:
- Achieves statistically significant reduction of hypotension when combined with a treatment protocol in noncardiac surgery vs. standard of care4,5
- Demonstrates superior predictive abilities for hypotension than common hemodynamic parameters such as cardiac output (CO), stroke volume (SV), and changes in mean arterial pressure (MAP)6
- Has proven and reliable accuracy7
Acumen IQ sensor
The Acumen IQ sensor connects to any existing radial arterial line and unlocks the ability to predict the likelihood of a patient trending towards a hypotensive event* before the event occurs with the Acumen HPI software. In addition, the Acumen IQ sensor automatically updates advanced hemodynamic parameters every 20 seconds, reflecting rapid physiological changes in moderate- to high-risk surgery. Advanced hemodynamic parameters provided by the Acumen IQ sensor offer you continuous insight into your patient’s hemodynamic status.
CO/CI | SV/SVI | SVR/SVRI | SVV/PPV | MAP | HPI | Eadyn | dP/dt
Advanced hemodynamic monitoring provides access to continuous pressure and flow parameters, giving you valuable insight into the adequacy of perfusion. Dynamic parameters can help identify the most appropriate therapy, such as helping to decide between volume administration or the administration of vasopressors or inotropes.
The ClearSight finger cuff provides advanced hemodynamic parameters and continuous noninvasive blood pressure (BP) monitoring. The noninvasive ClearSight system allows continuous assessment of your patients' physiological needs, enabling you to evaluate hemodynamic instability and guide appropriate treatment.
CO/CI | SV/SVI | SVR/SVRI | MAP
Helps guide individualized treatment decisions for moderate- to high-risk patients in rapidly changing situations in the OR. The sensor seamlessly connects to any existing arterial line and automatically calculates key flow parameters every 20 seconds.
CO/CI | SV/SVI | SVR/SVRI | SVV/PPV
The VolumeView system is able to offer you a unique, clear, and visual depiction of patient physiology status with both volumetric and advanced hemodynamic parameters - including extravascular lung water (EVLW).
EVLW | PVPI | GEDV | GEF
Swan-Ganz pulmonary artery catheter
Advanced technology pulmonary artery catheters offer hemodynamic parameters, including cardiac output (CO) and mixed venous oxygen saturation (SvO2), delivered by a single catheter to help assess cardiovascular function and guide treatment decisions.
CO/CI | SV/SVI | SVR/SVRI | RVEF | SvO2 | CVP | PAP | EDV/EDVI
Gain access to oxygenation insights you can act on to ensure confident decisions with reliable, real-time monitoring of surgical patients that supports detecting and managing hypoxic events as they occur.
ForeSight Elite tissue oximetry system
Continuously monitors tissue oximetry, noninvasively, giving you a comprehensive view of tissue oxygenation and advanced hemodynamics on one monitor so you can ensure your patient is adequately perfused.
The Edwards Advantage
We are committed to providing your institution, clinicians and staff with a high level of customer service and support to ensure seamless product implementation and ongoing use, including:
- Technical Support – Simply call +8001 8001 801 or email email@example.com
Contact a sales representative
Do you have feedback about our products? Click here
- Salmasi, V., Maheshwari, K., Yang, G., Mascha, E.J., Singh, A., Sessler, D.I., & Kurz, A. (2017). Relationship between intraoperative hypotension, defined by either reduction from baseline or absolute thresholds, and acute kidney injury and myocardial injury. Anesthesiology, 126(1), 47-65.
- Sun, L.Y., Wijeysundera, D.N., Tait, G.A., & Beattie, W.S. (2015). Association of Intraoperative Hypotension with Acute Kidney Injury after Elective Noncardiac Surgery. Anesthesiology, 123(3), 515-523.
- Walsh, M., Devereaux, P.J., Garg, A.X., Kurz, A., Turan, A., Rodseth, R.N., Cywinski, J., Thabane, L., & Sessler, D.I. (2013). Relationship between Intraoperative Mean Arterial Pressure and Clinical Outcomes after Noncardiac Surgery. Anesthesiology, 119(3), 507-515.
- Wijnberge, M., Geerts, B., Hol, L., Lemmers, N., Mulder, M., Berge, P., Schenk, J., Terwindt, L., Hollman, M., Vlaar, A., Veelo, D. (2020) Effect of a Machine Learning-Derived Early Warning System for Intraoperative Hypotension vs Standard Care on Depth and Duration of Intraoperative Hypotension During Elective Noncardiac Surgery: The HYPE Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Online, February 17, 2020. doi:10.1001/jama.2020.0592 https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/2761469
- Schneck, E., Schulte, D., Habig, L., Ruhrmann, S., Edinger, F., Markmann, M., Habicher, M., Rickert, M., Koch, C., Sander, M. (2019) Hypotension Prediction Index based protocolized haemodynamic management reduces the incidence and duration of intraoperative hypotension in primary total hip arthroplasty: a single centre feasibility randomized blinded prospective interventional trial. Journal of Clinical Monitoring and Computing online, November 29, 2019. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10877-019-00433-6
- Davies SJ, Vistisen ST, Jian Z, et al. Ability of an arterial waveform analysis-derived hypotension prediction index to predict future hypotensive events in surgical patients. Anesth Analg 2019;doi: 10.1213/ANE.0000000000004121. https://journals.lww.com/anesthesia-analgesia/Citation/2020/02000/Ability_of_an_Arterial_Waveform_Analysis_Derived.16.aspx
- Hatib, F., Zhongping, J., Buddi, S., Lee, C., Settels, J., Sibert, K., Rinehart, J., Cannesson, M. (2018). Machine-learning Algorithm to Predict Hypotension Based on High-fidelity Arterial Pressure Waveform Analysis. Anesthesiology 129, 663-74. https://anesthesiology.pubs.asahq.org/article.aspx?articleid=2685008
For professional use
For professional use
For a listing of indications, contraindications, precautions, warnings, and potential adverse events, please refer to the Instructions for Use (consult eifu.edwards.com where applicable).
Edwards Lifesciences devices placed on the European market meeting the essential requirements referred to in Article 3 of the Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC bear the CE marking of conformity.
Please update to a current version of your preferred browser, this site will perform effectively on the following:Unable to update your browser?
If you are on a computer, that is maintained by an admin and you cannot install a new browser, ask your admin about it. If you can't change your browser because of compatibility issues, think about installing a second browser for browsing and keep this old one for compatibility