First-of-its-kind decision support software2 accurately predicts intraoperative hypotension (IOH) before it occurs.1
Learn how to predict hypotension earlier and act ahead of time1:
Numerous studies show IOH is strongly associated with risk, especially acute myocardial infarction, acute kidney injury, and mortality.3,4 Therefore, optimising the management of IOH - which is a potentially avoidable hazard - is paramount.3
Delivering a range of haemodynamic pressure and flow parameters that provide continuous insights into potential IOH, Acumen Hypotension Prediction Index (HPI) software alerts you when a patient is trending toward an event.5 Powered by a proprietary algorithm that was developed with machine learning using data from >59,000 hypotensive events and >144,000 non-hypotensive events,6 Acumen HPI software gives you the time to determine the best course of action,5,7,8 potentially avoiding IOH and its associated risks.8,9
- Hatib F, Jian Z, Buddi S, Lee C, et al. Machine-learning algorithm to predict hypotension based on high-fidelity arterial pressure waveform analysis. Anesthesiology. 2018;129(4):663-674.
- Edwards Lifesciences data on file [US Food and Drug Administration. Acumen HPI Software De Novo clearance].
- Gregory A, Stapelfeldt WH, Khanna AK, et al. Intraoperative hypotension is associated with adverse clinical outcomes after noncardiac surgery. Anesth Analg. 2021;132(6):1654-1665.
- Wesselink EM, Kappen TH, Torn HM, et al. Intraoperative hypotension and the risk of postoperative adverse outcomes: a systematic review. Br J Anaesth. 2018;121(4):706-721.
- Edwards Lifesciences data on file [HemoSphere FT/2A Operator's Manual].
- Edwards Lifesciences data on file [SME email from Feras Hatib].
- Pinsky MR. Chapter 5: Overview of the circulation. In: Cannesson M, Pearse R, eds. Perioperative hemodynamic monitoring and goal directed therapy: from theory to practice. 2nd ed. Cambridge University Press;2015:29-38.
- Schneck E, Schulte D, Habig L, et al. Hypotension prediction index based protocolized haemodynamic management reduces the incidence and duration of intraoperative hypotension in primary total hip arthroplasty: a single centre feasibility randomised blinded prospective interventional trial. J Clin Monit Comput. 2020;34(6):1149-1158.
- Winjberge M, Geerts BF, Hol L, et al. Effect of a machine learning -derived early warning system for intraoperative hypotension vs standard care on depth and duration of intraoperative hypotension during elective noncardiac surgery. JAMA. 2020;323(11):1052-1060.
Thank you for contacting Edwards Lifesciences.
Your information has been submitted and a sales representative will be contacting you shortly.
Learn more about the Acumen HPI software.
Visit our product page
Find more educational resources.
Visit the Edwards clinical education site
Do you have feedback about our products? Click here
For professional use
For a listing of indications, contraindications, precautions, warnings, and potential adverse events, please refer to the Instructions for Use (consult eifu.edwards.com where applicable).
Edwards Lifesciences devices placed on the European market meeting the essential requirements referred to in Article 3 of the Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC bear the CE marking of conformity.
Please update to a current version of your preferred browser, this site will perform effectively on the following:Unable to update your browser?
If you are on a computer, that is maintained by an admin and you cannot install a new browser, ask your admin about it. If you can't change your browser because of compatibility issues, think about installing a second browser for browsing and keep this old one for compatibility