First-of-its-kind predictive decision support software detects the likelihood of a hypotensive event^ before the event occurs.3,4
Numerous studies show IOH is strongly associated with risk, especially myocardial injury, acute kidney injury, and mortality.5-12 Therefore, optimising the management of IOH - which is a potentially avoidable hazard - is paramount.5
Delivering a range of haemodynamic pressure and flow parameters that provide continuous insights into potential IOH, Acumen Hypotension Prediction Index (HPI) software alerts you when a patient is trending toward an event^. Powered by a proprietary algorithm that was developed with machine learning using data from >59,000 hypotensive events and >144,000 non-hypotensive events, Acumen HPI software gives you the time to determine the best course of action, potentially avoiding IOH and its associated risks.13-15
- Hatib F et al, Machine-learning Algorithm to Predict Hypotension Based on High-fidelity Arterial Pressure Waveform Analysis Anesthesiology 2018, Vol.129, 663-674.
- Davies SJ, Vistisen ST, Jian Z, Hatib F, Scheeren TWL. Ability of an Arterial Waveform Analysis Derived Hypotension Prediction Index to Predict Future Hypotensive Events in Surgical Patients. Anesth Analg. 2020 Feb;130(2):352-359.
- Ward H. van der Ven, Denise P. Veelo, Marije Wijnberge, Björn J.P. van der Ster, Alexander P.J. Vlaar, Bart F. Geerts, One of the first validations of an artificial intelligence algorithm for clinical use: The impact on intraoperative hypotension prediction and clinical decision-making, Surgery, Volume 169, Issue 6, 2021, Pages 1300-1303, ISSN 0039-6060, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surg.2020.09.041.
- Feras Hatib, Zhongping Jian, Sai Buddi, Christine Lee, Jos Settels, Karen Sibert, Joseph Rinehart,Maxime Cannesson; Machine-learning Algorithm to Predict Hypotension Based on High fidelity Arterial Pressure Waveform Analysis. Anesthesiology 2018; 129:663–674.
- Gregory A, Stapelfeldt WH, Khanna AK, et al. Intraoperative hypotension is associated with adverse clinical outcomes after noncardiac surgery. Anesth Analg. 2021;132(6):1654-1665.
- Wesselink EM, Kappen TH, Torn HM, et al. Intraoperative hypotension and the risk of postoperative adverse outcomes: a systematic review. Br J Anaesth. 2018;121(4):706-721.
- Monk TG, et al. Anesthetic Management and One-Year Mortality After Noncardiac Surgery. Anesth Analg 2005;100:4–10.
- Monk TG, et al. Association between Intraoperative Hypotension and Hypertension and 30- day Postoperative Mortality in Noncardiac Surgery. Anesthesiology 2015; 123:307-19.
- Walsh M, et al. Relationship between Intraoperative Mean Arterial Pressure and Clinical Outcomes after Noncardiac Surgery Toward an Empirical Definition of Hypotension Anesthesiology, 2013;119(3):507-515.
- Sun LY, et al. Association of Intraoperative Hypotension with Acute Kidney Injury after Elective Noncardiac Surgery. Anesthesiology 2015;123:515-23.
- Hirsch J, et al. Impact of intraoperative hypotension and blood pressure fluctuations on early postoperative delirium after noncardiac surgery. British Journal of Anaesthesia, 2015:418–26.
- Bijker JB, et al. Intraoperative Hypotension and Perioperative Ischemic Stroke after General Surgery: A Nested Casecontrol Study. Anesthesiology, 2012;116: 658-664.
- Pinsky MR. Chapter 5: Overview of the circulation. In: Cannesson M, Pearse R, eds. Perioperative hemodynamic monitoring and goal directed therapy: from theory to practice. 2nd ed. Cambridge University Press;2015:29-38.
- Schneck E, Schulte D, Habig L, et al. Hypotension prediction index based protocolized haemodynamic management reduces the incidence and duration of intraoperative hypotension in primary total hip arthroplasty: a single centre feasibility randomised blinded prospective interventional trial. J Clin Monit Comput. 2020;34(6):1149-1158.
- Wijnberge M, Geerts BF, Hol L, et al. Effect of a machine learning–derived early warning system for intraoperative hypotension vs standard care on depth and duration of intraoperative hypotension during elective noncardiac surgery.
Thank you for contacting Edwards Lifesciences.
Your information has been submitted and a sales representative will be contacting you shortly.
Learn more about the Acumen HPI software.
Visit our product page
Find more educational resources.
Visit the Edwards clinical education site
Do you have feedback about our products? Click here
Medical device for professional use
For a listing of indications, contraindications, precautions, warnings, and potential adverse events, please refer to the Instructions for Use (consult eifu.edwards.com where applicable).
Please update to a current version of your preferred browser, this site will perform effectively on the following:Unable to update your browser?
If you are on a computer, that is maintained by an admin and you cannot install a new browser, ask your admin about it. If you can't change your browser because of compatibility issues, think about installing a second browser for browsing and keep this old one for compatibility