The Cardioband mitral system is designed to safely and effectively reduce mitral
regurgitation through annular reduction.
Treatment is complex and options are limited
Mitral regurgitation (MR) occurs in approximately 2% of the population, with up to 10% of people over 75 years old affected.1
Medically managed patients with severe MR have poor outcomes.2
A CE Mark-approved transcatheter device designed to safely and effectively reduce mitral regurgitation through annular reduction3
Restores valve to a more functional state, facilitating leaflet coaptation
Enables annular reduction based on each patient’s anatomy
Supports real-time adjustment and confirmation of procedural results
The Cardioband mitral system is a transcatheter device designed to restore the mitral valve to a more functional state, facilitating leaflet coaptation and reducing mitral regurgitation.
Cardioband mitral system shows excellent outcomes in the CE Mark trial.4,5
6MWT = 6-Minute Walk Test; MLHFQ = Minnesota Living with Heart Failure Questionnaire
Learn more about the Cardioband mitral system.
Cardioband mitral system product brochureDownload brochure (PDF)
Cardioband mitral system
Download brochure (PDF)
Two-year Cardioband mitral system data at PCR London Valves 2018
CBMR - Data presented at the Edwards-sponsored symposium, PCR London Valves 2018
Register for Cardioband mitral system updates
Sign up now to receive event information and news information from Edwards Lifesciences including:
- Congress highlights
- Webinar invites
- Product announcements and updates
Thank you for registering to receive information from Edwards Lifesciences.
If you are a licensed healthcare professional, we also invite you to contact your local Edwards Lifesciences sales representative for product information, including information on Cardioband.
Learn more about Edwards' transcatheter mitral
and tricuspid portfolio
- Nkomo VT, Gardin JM, Skelton TN, et al. Burden of valvular heart diseases: a population-based study. Lancet. 2006;368:1005-1011.
- Goel SS, Bajaj N, Aggarwal B, et al. Prevalence and outcomes of unoperated patients with severe symptomatic mitral regurgitation and heart failure: comprehensive analysis to determine the potential role of MitraClip for this unmet need. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63:185-186.
- Vahanian A. Multicentre trial results of the transcatheter mitral valve repair system for functional mitral regurgitation. Presented at PCR London Valves, 2017.
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair in patients with functional mitral regurgitation: 2 year follow-up of the multicenter CE trial. Presented by Francesco Maisano, MD, PCR London Valves, 2018.
- Nickenig G. et al. Transcatheter Mitral Annuloplasty in Chronic Functional Mitral Regurgitation - 6-Month Results With the Cardioband Percutaneous Mitral Repair System. J Am Coll Cardiol Intv 2016;9:2039–47.
For professional use
For professional use. See instructions for use for full prescribing information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse events.
Material for distribution only in countries with applicable health authority product registrations. Material not intended for distribution in USA or Japan.
Edwards, Edwards Lifesciences, the stylized E logo and Cardioband are trademarks of Edwards Lifesciences Corporation or its affiliates.
© 2018 Edwards Lifesciences Corporation. All rights reserved. E8576/10-18/TMTT
Edwards Lifesciences • Route de l’Etraz 70, 1260 Nyon, Switzerland • edwards.com
Please update your browser
Please update to a current version of your preferred browser, this site will perform effectively on the following:
If you are on a computer, that is maintained by an admin and you cannot install a new browser, ask your admin about it. If you can't change your browser because of compatibility issues, think about installing a second browser for browsing and keep this old one for compatibility
Content relating to Edwards Lifesciences devices is intended for healthcare professionals. Click OK to confirm you are a healthcare professional and proceed, or click Decline to view non-device related content.