- Ultra-low profile, with reduced ventricular projection by up to 40%‡
- Exceptional long-term durability1-7
- Ease of implant
- Mathematically modeled, bioengineered design. Intended to optimize implantability, hemodynamics and long-term durability
- Flexible cobalt-chromium alloy stent. Absorbs energy to reduce leaflet stress
- Three independent bovine pericardial leaflets. Matched for thickness and elasticity to optimize stress distribution
‡ As compared to the Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT Theon mitral valve.
Ease of implant
- Wide, contoured cuff with unique anterior saddle and lateral contour to mimic the shape of the native mitral anatomy
Exceptional long-term durability
Magna Mitral Ease heart valve
|Model 7300TFX Nominal Specifications (mm)||Size 25||Size 27||Size 29||Size 31||Size 33|
|A. Stent Diameter (Wireform)||25||27||29||31||31|
|B. Tissue Annulus Diameter||28||29.5||31.5||33.5||33.5|
|C. External Sewing Ring Diameter||36||38||40||42||44|
|D. Anterior Effective Profile||7||7.5||8||8.5||8.5|
Magna Mitral Ease
|25, 27, 29, 31, & 33 mm|
|Model||Description||Compatible with Valve Models||Sizes|
|SET1173B||Barrel Sizer Accessory Set||7300TFX||Includes All|
|SET1173R||Replica Sizer Accessory Set||7300TFX||Includes All|
|1173||Flexible, Reusable Handle||7300TFX||N/A|
|1111||Reusable Handle||6900P, 6900PTFX, 7300TFX||N/A|
|1117||Flexible, Reusable Mitral Handle||6900PTFX, 7300TFX||N/A|
|1126||Longer, Single Use Handle||6900P, 6900PTFX, 7300TFX||N/A|
Flexible, reusable handle
Pre-attached barrel and replica sizers facilitate valve sizing
Barrel sizer accessory set
Replica sizer accessory set
* No clinical data are available that evaluate the long-term impact of the Edwards Lifesciences tissue treatments in patients.
- Jamieson WRE, et al. Structural Valve Deterioration in Mitral Replacement Surgery: Comparison of Carpentier-Edwards Supra-Annular Porcine and PERIMOUNT Pericardial Bioprostheses. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1999 Aug;118:297-305. (Freedom from explant due to structural valve deterioration; n = 429; mean age = 60.7 ± 11.7 yrs)
- Aupart MR, et al. Carpentier-Edwards pericardial valves in the mitral position: ten-year follow-up. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1997 Mar;113(3):492-8. (Freedom from structural deterioration; n = 150; mean age = 62.9 ± 11.9 yrs)
- Murakami T, et al. Aortic and mitral valve replacement with the Carpentier-Edwards pericardial bioprosthesis: 10-year results. J Heart Valve Dis. 1996 Jan;5(1):45-9. (Freedom from structural deterioration; n = 57; mean age = 55.1 ± 13.2 yrs)
- Poirier NC, et al. 15-year experience with the Carpentier-Edwards pericardial bioprosthesis. Ann Thorac Surg. 1998;66:S57-61. (Freedom from structural deterioration; n = 214; mean age = 65 ± 23 yrs)
- Neville PH, et al. Carpentier-Edwards pericardial bioprosthesis in aortic or mitral position: a 12-year experience. Ann Thorac Surg. 1998;66(6 Suppl):S143-7. (Freedom from structural deterioration; n = 182; mean age = 63.9 ± 11.5 yrs)
- Marchand MA, et al. Fifteen-year experience with the mitral Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT pericardial bioprosthesis. Ann Thorac Surg. 2001 May;71(5 Suppl):S236-9. (Freedom from structural valve deterioration; n = 435; mean age = 60.7 ± 11.6 yrs)
- Bourguignon, T, et al. Very late outcomes for mitral valve replacement with the Carpentier-Edwards pericardial bioprosthesis: 25 year follow-up of 450 implantations. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014 Nov;148:2004-11. (Freedom from explant due to structural valve deterioration; n = 404; mean age = 68.0 ± 10.4 yrs)
- Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT pericardial bioprosthesis 16-year results. Data on file at Edwards Lifesciences, 2003. (Freedom from explant due to structural valve deterioration; n = 435; mean age = 60.7 ± 11.6 yrs)
The Edwards Advantage
We are committed to providing your institution, clinicians and staff with the highest levels of customer service and support.
You are busy – We are flexible
Indicate your topics of interest and preferred communication frequency
For professional use
For professional use. See instructions for use for full prescribing information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions and adverse event.
Edwards Lifesciences devices placed on the European market meeting the essential requirements referred to in Article 3 of the Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC bear the CE marking of conformity.
Please update your browser
Please update to a current version of your preferred browser, this site will perform effectively on the following:
If you are on a computer, that is maintained by an admin and you cannot install a new browser, ask your admin about it. If you can't change your browser because of compatibility issues, think about installing a second browser for browsing and keep this old one for compatibility
Content relating to Edwards Lifesciences devices is intended for healthcare professionals. Click OK to confirm you are a healthcare professional and proceed, or click Decline to view non-device related content.