A view in volumetrics and fluid management.
The VolumeView set from Edwards Lifesciences in combination with EV1000 clinical platform enables the display of valuable volumetric parameters in a meaningful way. Delivered via the EV1000 clinical platform's Visual Clinical Support, the VolumeView set is able to offer you a unique, clear, visual depiction of patient physiologic status—including extravascular lung water (EVLW).
Intended for use in monitoring your acutely ill patients, the VolumeView set when used with the EV1000 monitor, provides informative volumetric parameters (EVLW, PVPI, GEDV and GEF) that can be used specifically in the treatment of pulmonary edema, acute lung injury (ALI) or acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)1. The volumetric parameters are provided via transpulmonary thermodilution (TPTD).
The VolumeView set also provides valuable, continuous, calibrated hemodynamic parameters (CO, SV, SVR, and SVV) via a patented Edwards proprietary VolumeView system algorithm. This algorithm provides continuous trending between calibrations of these key hemodynamic parameters based upon shape variables. These parameters can also be calibrated through manual, intermittent transpulmonary thermodilution.
The VolumeView set is comprised of the VolumeView sensor, the VolumeView femoral arterial catheter and the VolumeView thermistor manifold.
|Model||Description||Unit of Measure|
|VLV8R520||VolumeView Set, 5F, 20cm, 84", 1 pack||1|
|VLV8R5205||VolumeView Set, 5F, 20cm, 84", 5 pack||5|
|VLVFC5205||VolumeView femoral catheter kit, 5 pack, 5Fr.||5|
|VLV8R416||VolumeView Set, 4F, 16cm, 84", 1 pack||1|
|VLV8R4165||VolumeView Set, 4F, 16cm, 84", 5 pack||5|
|VLVFC4165||VolumeView femoral catheter kit, 5 pack, 4Fr.||5|
|VLV8R5||VolumeView Sensor, 84", 5 pack, Red cap||5|
|VLVCVT5||VolumeView Thermistor, 5 pack||5|
VolumeView Set Parameters
The VolumeView set provides a view of volumetric and fluid management parameters.
Critically ill patients often deal with imbalances of oxygen delivery and consumption which can lead to organ dysfunction or possibly death.
- physical assessment
- laboratory analysis
- non-invasive monitoring
- invasive monitoring
Determining if an imbalance exists and how to best treat it.
- CO - Calibrated Cardiac Output
- SV - Calibrated Stroke Volume
- SVR - Systemic Vascular Resistance
- SVV - Stroke Volume Variation
- SVI - Stroke Volume Index
- EVLW - Extravascular Lung Water
- PVPI - Pulmonary Vascular Permeability Index
- GEDV - Global End Diastolic Volume
- GEF - Global Ejection Fraction
Hemodynamic education for sustained clinical advancement
With a long-term commitment to improving the quality of care for surgical and critical care patients through education, Edwards Clinical Education meets you no matter where you are in the learning process — with a continuum of resources and tools that continuously support you as you solve the clinical challenges facing you today, and in the future.
The EV1000 clinical platform now offers the next perspective on guiding volume administration and works with the VolumeView set to reduce variability and help you keep your patients in the optimal volume range, while supporting your Perioperative Goal-Directed Therapy (PGDT) compliance. The latest visual clinical support screens available on the EV1000 clinical platform enable you to maintain your patients in the optimal volume range and reduce volume administration variability. Time In Target facilitates Perioperative Goal-Directed Therapy (PGDT) compliance, helping the user to track and manage key parameters, and create and monitor customized protocols.
The VolumeView system is able to offer you a unique, clear, visual depiction of patient physiologic status—including extravascular lung water (EVLW).
The VolumeView set from Edwards Lifesciences allows the clinician to access the necessary information needed to manage the critically ill patient in the ICU:
- The VolumeView sensor provides continuous and calibrated hemodynamic information.
- The femoral catheter provides volumetric parameters through intermittent transpulmonary thermodilution. The catheter properties and how it is packaged offer optimal conditions for easy and quick insertion.
- The thermistor manifold enables bolus injection (closed system to record injectate temperature and to record start of injection).
View volumetric information in a meaningful way with the VolumeView system from Edwards Lifesciences.
Click here to download your PGDT analytics software.
This latest software update includes expanded monitoring, specifically:
- Addition of blood pressures and pulse rate at key parameters
- MAP, SYS and DIA as primary parameters
- Ability to view BP waveform
To update your existing EV1000 clinical platform, contact Edwards Lifesciences today.
Contact a Sales Rep
- Monet et al. Assessing pulmonary permeability by transpulmonary thermodilution allows differentiation of hydrostatic pulmonary edema from ALI/ARDS. Intensive Care Med, 2007;33:448-453