Employee matching gift program
To further support our employees and drive greater impact in our local communities, we launched an Employee Matching Gift Program supported by the Foundation. Below are the policies and guidelines designed to facilitate this program.
The Foundation will match a gift made by an employee to an appropriate U.S. non-profit organization at a one-to-one ratio ($1 gifted from the Foundation for every $1 gifted by the employee).
Match minimum and maximum
The minimum gift amount that the Foundation will match is $50. An employee can submit multiple gift receipts to the same non-profit organization within a calendar year to qualify for the minimum gift amount. The Foundation will match employee gifts to non-profit organizations up to a maximum of $1,000 per employee, per calendar year. The maximum amount will be calculated using the date(s) of the employee’s gift(s).
Eligible non-profit organizations
The Foundation will match gifts made to U.S. non-profit organizations demonstrating 501(c)3 tax status and qualifying as a not-for-profit public charity as defined by Section 509(a)(1), (2), or (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Matching gifts may be made to non-profit organizations that employ Edwards employees. Note: participating on a non-profit organization's board of directors is not considered employment.
Edwards Employee Matching Gift Program is available to all of Edwards' full-time employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Part-time employees, contract workers, consultants, temporary employees and Edwards' board of directors are not eligible for this program.
Types of gifts eligible for a matching gift
The Foundation will match employee gifts made by cash, check or credit card. The Foundation will only match the tax-deductible portion of an employee’s gift to a non-profit organization, which must be equal to or greater than the $50 program minimum gift amount.
The Foundation is not able to match the following types of gifts:
- The non-tax deductible portion of a gift (i.e. goods, services, sports events), tuition, dues, memberships or other goods or services that if received in exchange for a donation would reduce the donor's charitable deduction (Non-profit organizations can provide donors with the tax-deductible amount of a gift)
- Gifts that pay, in whole or in part, for tickets to galleries, museums, attendance at galas or fundraising events, sporting events, or registration fees for walks/runs
- Gifts that benefit the donor or any specific individual
- Gifts supporting political campaigns or lobbying activities
- Gifts supporting a private non-operating foundation
- Gifts that support a scholarship that the donor (or any of the donor's relatives) is eligible to receive or has a role in selecting the scholarship recipient
- Gifts that support a religious organization that will be used to benefit religious programs with a principal purpose of propagating a particular religious faith, creed or doctrine
- Gifts of stock, securities, insurance or physical items (i.e. cars, art)
Matching gift distribution schedule
The Foundation will aggregate requests and distribute matching gifts to recipient non-profit organizations on a quarterly basis as follows:
|Quarter||Deadline for match requests||Expected funding recommendation date|
|First Quarter||March 31||April 30|
|Second Quarter||June 30||July 31|
|Third Quarter||September 30||October 31|
|Fourth Quarter||December 31||January 31|
Employees will have one year from the date the gift was made to submit a request for a matching gift from the Foundation.
Request a matching gift
Employees can request a matching gift by utilizing the program's online request form.
Employees must submit an official receipt of the gift, including the specification of the tax-deductible portion of the gift, from the recipient non-profit organization with their submission.
The Foundation will notify the employee and the recipient non-profit organization about a matching gift once it has been approved.
Please update your browser
Please update to a current version of your preferred browser, this site will perform effectively on the following:
If you are on a computer, that is maintained by an admin and you cannot install a new browser, ask your admin about it. If you can't change your browser because of compatibility issues, think about installing a second browser for browsing and keep this old one for compatibility