First pre-assembled, ready-to-implant‡ valved conduit
with RESILIA tissue.
As the next offering in Edwards Lifesciences’ class of resilient bovine pericardial valves, ready-to-implant‡ KONECT RESILIA aortic valved conduit helps patients maintain their active lifestyles and reduces the complexity of bio-Bentall procedures.*
Edwards' integrity preservation technology transforms bovine pericardial tissue into RESILIA tissue, effectively eliminating free aldehydes, while protecting and preserving the tissue.
RESILIA tissue is the first to deliver the combination of:
A Proven Heritage
KONECT RESILIA aortic valved conduit is built on the proven performance of both the Carpentier–Edwards PERIMOUNT valve platform and the Gelweave Valsalva graft.
Proven performance of the PERIMOUNT valve design—a design with published clinical durability of over 20 years2-4
Gelweave Valsalva graft
The world’s first anatomically designed aortic root graft with over 15 years of aortic root surgery clinical experience5,6
Ready to implant‡
The pre-assembled KONECT RESILIA aortic valved conduit intuitively eliminates procedural steps§, which is especially important in emergency cases.
† RESILIA tissue tested against commercially available bovine pericardial tissue from Edwards in a juvenile sheep model.1
No clinical data are available that evaluate the long-term impact of RESILIA tissue in patients.
‡ Consult instructions for use for device preparation instructions.
§ As compared to self-assembled tissue valved conduits.
Intended use and indications for use
The KONECT RESILIA AVC, Model 11060A, is intended for use as a replacement for the aortic heart valve and the ascending aorta.
The KONECT RESILIA AVC, Model 11060A, is indicated for patients who require replacement of their native or prosthetic aortic valve, and the associated repair or replacement of a damaged or diseased ascending aorta.
The KONECT RESILIA AVC, Model 11060A, should only be used with the dedicated sizers that replicate the DualFit sewing ring (Model 1190 Sizers and Tray).
- Valve leaflets: Bovine pericardium
- Stent: Cobalt-chromium alloy, polyester
- Fabric covering stent: Polyester cloth
- Valve sewing ring: Silicone rubber
- Woven polyester impregnated with gelatin
- Model 11060A features RESILIA tissue, bovine pericardial tissue transformed by a novel integrity preservation technology, which incorporates two proprietary features that effectively eliminate free aldehydes while protecting and preserving the tissue.
General Product Information
- Storage temperature: 10°C to 25°C
- Storage: Dry storage
- Rinse procedure: Immerse device in sterile saline for 5 minutes
aortic valved conduit
|21, 23, 25, 27, 29 mm|
|1190SET||Sizers - Complete Set||19*, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29 mm|
|1190||Sizers - Individual||19*, 21, 23, 25, 29 mm|
- Flameng W, et al. A randomized assessment of an advanced tissue preservation technology in the juvenile sheep model. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2015;149:340–5.
- Bourguignon T, et al. Very long-term outcomes of the Carpentier-Edwards Perimount valve in aortic position. Ann Thorac Surg. 2015;99:831–7.
- Johnston DR, et al. Long-term durability of bioprosthetic aortic valves: implications from 12,569 implants. Ann Thorac Surg. 2015;99:1239–47.
- Forcillo J, et al. Carpentier-Edwards pericardial valve in the aortic position: 25-years experience. Ann Thorac Surg. 2013;96:486–93.
- De Paulis R, et al. A new aortic Dacron conduit for surgical treatment of aortic root pathology. Ital Heart J. 2000;1(7):457-63.
- De Paulis R, et al. Long-term results of the valve reimplantation technique using a graft with sinuses. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016;151:112-9.
The Edwards Advantage
We are committed to providing your institution, clinicians and staff with the highest levels of customer service and support to ensure seamless product implementation and ongoing use, including:
- 24/7 technical support - Simply call 800-822-9837 or email email@example.com anytime, day or night
- Customer service - Call 800-424-3278 to speak to a customer service representative
Contact a sales representative
Important safety information
KONECT RESILIA Aortic Valved Conduit
Indications: For use in replacement of native or prosthetic aortic heart valves and the associated repair or replacement of a damaged or diseased ascending aorta. Contraindications: There are no known contraindications with the use of the KONECT RESILIA aortic valved conduit. Complications and Side Effects: Thromboembolism, valve thrombosis, hemorrhage, hemolysis, regurgitation, endocarditis, structural valve deterioration, nonstructural dysfunction, stenosis, arrhythmia, transient ischemic attack/stroke, congestive heart failure, myocardial infarction, any of which could lead to reoperation, explantation, permanent disability, and death. Adverse events potentially associated with the use of polyester vascular grafts include hemorrhage, thrombosis, graft infection, embolism, aneurysm, pseudoaneurysm, seroma, occlusion (anastomotic intimal hyperplasia), immunological reaction to collagen (shown to be a weak immunogen; infrequent, mild, localized and self-limiting), intimal peel formation, and conduit dilatation.
CAUTION: Federal (USA) law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician. See instructions for use for full prescribing information.
Please update to a current version of your preferred browser, this site will perform effectively on the following:Unable to update your browser?
If you are on a computer, that is maintained by an admin and you cannot install a new browser, ask your admin about it. If you can't change your browser because of compatibility issues, think about installing a second browser for browsing and keep this old one for compatibility