Become a part of our culture
In addition to the ongoing guidance and support you’ll receive from a dedicated senior-level engineering mentor, we pave the way for your success through the Edwards university summer program. Our program offers exposure to different perspectives while fostering connections with peers and mentors throughout the organization.
As an FDP employee, you’ll gain broad insights regarding financial practices at a publicly traded company by rotating across five core areas and an elective.
- Financial Planning & Analysis: Get hands-on experience preparing quarterly forecasts and annual operating plans.
- Corporate Accounting & Reporting: See what goes into monthly and year-end closes, as well as the analysis and reporting of monthly results against plans and forecasts.
- Cost Accounting: Learn effective methods for calculating product standard costs, plus analyzing and reporting manufacturing variances and inventory.
- Business Unit Finance: Understand how our financial experts support a business unit in monthly close, quarterly forecasting, and annual operating plan processes.
- Internal Audit: Assist with internal audit engagements across the company.
- Treasury or Corporate Tax (elective): Participate in cash flow management, filing tax returns, and managing the company’s transfer price system.
Position yourself for success
We know exactly what it takes to excel in the Financial Development program. First, you should have a passion for finance and accounting. Relevant, real-world experience through prior projects, internships and co-ops is a plus, as well as the ability to excel in a team-based environment. While you’ll benefit from the highly structured nature of the program and the guidance that Edwards provides along the way, your leadership abilities, combined with analytical thinking, business acumen, a global mindset, and great communication skills, will help you get the most out of the program.
Core assignments are completed over a two-year period as demonstrated below. There are two rotations in the first year of the program and a third rotation, which is an elective option in either treasury or corporate tax.
First year core assignments
- Cost Accounting
- Corporate Accounting & Reporting
- Treasury or Corporate Tax
Second year core assignments
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Internal Audit
- Business Unit Finance
We look for the following qualifications when hiring new graduates into our finance development program (FDP):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance from an accredited university
- Anticipated Fall or Spring graduation date
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency authorization
How to apply
To be considered, submit your resume to your campus career center in the Fall. Resume submission deadlines are typically one to two weeks after campus fairs. Even if you’re not a student at one of the universities we visit, we encourage you to apply through our website.
EEO is the Law click here for more information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity
Disability accommodation for employment applicants
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Pay Transparency Notice
Please update to a current version of your preferred browser, this site will perform effectively on the following:Unable to update your browser?
If you are on a computer, that is maintained by an admin and you cannot install a new browser, ask your admin about it. If you can't change your browser because of compatibility issues, think about installing a second browser for browsing and keep this old one for compatibility