We are passionate about improving the quality of life around the world and strengthening the communities where our employees live and work. To increase access to higher education and to promote careers in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), we launched the Edwards Lifesciences Foundation scholarship program. Through this program, we award 12 four-year scholarships of $2,500 per year ($10,000 in total) to high school seniors from either Orange County, California or Salt Lake County, Utah or Puerto Rico or be a child (or in the guardianship) of an Edwards Lifesciences employee who are pursuing bachelor’s degrees in STEM fields. This program is supported by the Edwards Lifesciences Foundation and managed by Scholarship America.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a current high school senior residing in Orange County, California or Salt Lake County, Utah or Puerto Rico or be a child (or in the guardianship) of an Edwards Lifesciences employee
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university for the entire upcoming academic year pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a STEM field
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal resident
- Demonstrate financial need
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for scholarship renewal
Selection of scholarship recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, statement of goals and aspirations, unusual personal or family circumstances, and an outside appraisal. Financial need, as calculated by Scholarship America, must be demonstrated for the student to receive an award.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does any officer or employee of Edwards Lifesciences or the foundation play a part in the selection.
- March 16, 2021 – Scholarship application available
- April 20, 2021 at 3:00 PM CT – Application deadline
- June 2021 – Scholarship recipients announced
- August 2021 – Scholarship checks mailed to schools
Please direct all questions regarding this program to Scholarship America at (507) 931-1682 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to access the application and additional program information.
Please update to a current version of your preferred browser, this site will perform effectively on the following:Unable to update your browser?
If you are on a computer, that is maintained by an admin and you cannot install a new browser, ask your admin about it. If you can't change your browser because of compatibility issues, think about installing a second browser for browsing and keep this old one for compatibility