Our commitment to charitable giving and participation in philanthropic causes is one of the defining elements of Edwards Lifesciences’ culture. We feel fortunate to be able to support many health- and community-focused programs through grants to non-profit organizations from the Edwards Lifesciences Foundation. In addition, we provide numerous monthly opportunities for our employees to volunteer in our communities with an aspiration that we will reach 100 percent participation each year. For more information about our annual performance and goals, please visit the volunteerism & giving page of our sustainability report.
Purpose and goals of our philanthropy
- Improve the lives of underserved patients by increasing access to healthcare and our donated technologies
- Execute our Every Heartbeat Matters philanthropic initiative with a goal to improve the lives of 2.5 million underserved structural heart and critical care patients by the end of 2025
- Inspire passionate employee engagement
- Strengthen the communities where our employees live and work
- Live by the principles of Edwards Lifesciences’ Credo
Programs supported by our charitable activities
Edwards Foundation focuses on advancing programmatic initiatives of charitable organizations around the world. Generally, the Foundation does not support capital expenditures (including “brick and mortar” and significant equipment expenditures), political lobbying, faith-based activities that further religious doctrines, galas, sporting events, as well as any non-tax deductible portions of events, goods and/or services (e.g. breakfasts, dinners, auction items, memberships, event tickets). Programs are supported via the following initiatives:
- Every Heartbeat Matters – Aims to improve the lives of underserved structural heart and critical care patients
- Strengthen Our Community – Leverages the time and talents of our volunteers to enhance the communities where our employees live and work
A limited number of other grant applications will be considered for programs that meet other vital needs that may not align with either category above (i.e. helping underrepresented students pursue education to support future needs of patients).
Please update to a current version of your preferred browser, this site will perform effectively on the following:Unable to update your browser?
If you are on a computer, that is maintained by an admin and you cannot install a new browser, ask your admin about it. If you can't change your browser because of compatibility issues, think about installing a second browser for browsing and keep this old one for compatibility