A view in volumetrics and fluid management.
The VolumeView set from Edwards Lifesciences in combination with EV1000 clinical platform enables the display of valuable volumetric parameters in a meaningful way. Delivered via the EV1000 clinical platform's Visual Clinical Support, the VolumeView set is able to offer you a unique, clear, visual depiction of patient physiologic status—including extravascular lung water (EVLW).
Intended for use in monitoring your acutely ill patients, the VolumeView set when used with the EV1000 monitor, provides informative volumetric parameters (EVLW, PVPI, GEDV and GEF) that can be used specifically in the treatment of pulmonary edema, acute lung injury (ALI) or acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). The volumetric parameters are provided via transpulmonary thermodilution (TPTD).
The VolumeView set also provides valuable, continuous, calibrated hemodynamic parameters (CO, SV, SVR, and SVV) via a patented Edwards proprietary VolumeView system algorithm. This algorithm provides continuous trending between calibrations of these key hemodynamic parameters based upon shape variables. These parameters can also be calibrated through manual, intermittent transpulmonary thermodilution.
The VolumeView set is comprised of the VolumeView sensor, the VolumeView femoral arterial catheter and the VolumeView thermistor manifold.
|Model||Description||Unit of Measure|
|VLV8R520||VolumeView Set, 5F, 20cm, 84", 1 pack||1|
|VLV8R5205||VolumeView Set, 5F, 20cm, 84", 5 pack||5|
|VLVFC5205||VolumeView femoral catheter kit, 5 pack, 5Fr.||5|
|VLV8R416||VolumeView Set, 4F, 16cm, 84", 1 pack||1|
|VLV8R4165||VolumeView Set, 4F, 16cm, 84", 5 pack||5|
|VLVFC4165||VolumeView femoral catheter kit, 5 pack, 4Fr.||5|
|VLV8R5||VolumeView Sensor, 84", 5 pack, Red cap||5|
|VLVCVT5||VolumeView Thermistor, 5 pack||5|
VolumeView Set Parameters
The VolumeView set provides a view of volumetric and fluid management parameters. Intended for use in acutely ill patients, including in the monitoring of pulmonary edema, acute lung injury (ALI) or acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS).1,2
Critically ill patients often deal with imbalances of oxygen delivery and consumption which can lead to organ dysfunction or possibly death.
- physical assessment
- laboratory analysis
- non-invasive monitoring
- invasive monitoring
Determining if an imbalance exists and how to best treat it.
- CO - Calibrated Cardiac Output
- SV - Calibrated Stroke Volume
- SVR - Systemic Vascular Resistance
- SVV - Stroke Volume Variation
- SVI - Stroke Volume Index
- EVLW - Extravascular Lung Water
- PVPI - Pulmonary Vascular Permeability Index
- GEDV - Global End Diastolic Volume
- GEF - Global Ejection Fraction
Edwards Critical Care Education
Edwards has been providing science-based education since 1972. We offer a full range of on-line, in-print and on-site programs that are available to your clinicians or staff.
Following are relevant educational tools:
The EV1000 clinical platform now offers the next perspective on guiding volume administration and works with the VolumeView set to reduce variability and help you keep your patients in the optimal volume
The VolumeView system is able to offer you a unique, clear, visual depiction of patient physiologic status—including extravascular lung water (EVLW).
The VolumeView set from Edwards Lifesciences allows the clinician to access the necessary information needed to manage the critically ill patient in the ICU:
- The VolumeView sensor provides continuous and calibrated hemodynamic information.
- The femoral catheter provides volumetric parameters through intermittent transpulmonary thermodilution. The catheter properties and how it is packaged offer optimal conditions for easy and quick insertion.
- The thermistor manifold enables bolus injection (closed system to record injectate temperature and to record start of injection).
View volumetric information in a meaningful way with the VolumeView system from Edwards Lifesciences.
The EV1000 clinical platform’s latest visual clinical support screens help you to maintain your patients in the optimal range and reduce volume administration variability. 1
- Supports your Perioperative Goal-Directed Therapy (PGDT) compliance
- New PGDT analytics software
- Additional monitoring dashboards
- Robust reporting features
- Can be used with the ClearSight, FloTrac and VolumeView systems
To update your existing EV1000 clinical platform, contact Edwards Lifesciences today.Contact Edwards Lifesciences
The Edwards Advantage
We are committed to providing your institution, clinicians and staff with the highest levels of customer service and support to ensure seamless product implementation and ongoing use, including:
- 24/7 Technical Support – Simply call 800-822-9837 anytime, day or night
- Customer Service – Call 800-424-3278 to speak to a customer service representative
Contact a Sales Rep
- Cheatham ML, et al., “Right Ventricular End-diastolic Volume Index as a Predictor of Preload Status in Patients on Positive End-expiratory Pressure”, Critical Care Medicine, 1998;26:1801-1806.
- Kushimoto et al. The clinical usefulness of extravascular lung water and pulmonary vascular permeability index to diagnose and characterize pulmonary edema: a prospective multicenter study on the quantitative differential diagnostic definition for acute lung injury/ acute respiratory distress syndrome. Critical Care. 2012