We are passionate about improving the quality of life around the world and strengthening the communities where our employees live and work. To increase access to higher education and to promote careers in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), we launched the Edwards Lifesciences Scholarship Program. Through this program, we award 10 four-year scholarships of $2,500 per year ($10,000 in total) to high school seniors from either Orange County, California or Salt Lake County, Utah who are pursuing bachelor’s degrees in STEM fields. This program is supported by the Edwards Lifesciences Foundation and managed by Scholarship America.
Scholarship recipients are invited to attend our Scholarship Award Ceremony, tour our campus in Irvine and Utah, and apply for internship opportunities with the company.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a current high school senior residing in Orange County, California or Salt Lake County, Utah or be a child (or in the guardianship) of an Edwards Lifesciences employee
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university for the entire upcoming academic year pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a STEM field
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal resident
- Demonstrate financial need
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for scholarship renewal
Selection of Scholarship Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, statement of goals and aspirations, unusual personal or family circumstances, and an outside appraisal. Financial need, as calculated by Scholarship America, must be demonstrated for the student to receive an award.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does any officer or employee of Edwards Lifesciences or our Foundation play a part in the selection.
- March 2016 – Scholarship application available for 2016 -2017 academic year
- April 22, 2016 – Application deadline
- June 10, 2016 - Scholarship Recipients Announced via U.S. Mail
- August 2016 – First half of scholarship mailed to students ($1,250)
- December 2016 – Second half of scholarship mailed to students ($1,250)
Please direct all questions regarding this program to Scholarship America at (507) 931-1682.
Click here to access the application and additional program information.