|Our commitment to charitable giving and participation in philanthropic causes is one of the defining elements of Edwards Lifesciences’ culture. We feel fortunate to be able to support many health- and community-focused programs through grants to non-profit organizations from the Edwards Lifesciences Foundation. In addition, we provide numerous monthly opportunities for our employees to volunteer in our communities with an aspiration that |
we will reach 100 percent participation each year.
Goals and Objectives of Our Philanthropy
- Execute our Every Heartbeat Matters philanthropic initiative with a goal that, by 2020, our philanthropy will support the education, screening and treatment of one million underserved people
- Expand awareness of cardiovascular disease, its prevention and treatment with an emphasis on heart valve and
critically ill patients
- Enhance support and access to care for underserved heart valve and critically ill patients
- Support research and education to increase expertise and innovation in treating heart valve and critically ill patients
- Strengthen the communities in which our employees live and work
- Provide opportunities for employees to volunteer
- Establish trusted partnerships to further leverage impact
- Operate consistently with the principles of Edwards Lifesciences’ Credo
|Types of Programs Supported by Our Foundation |
- Every Heartbeat Matters Programs – Programs that educate, screen and/or treat underserved people to reduce the global burden of heart valve disease
- Other Health-Focused Programs – Programs that advance health care and address underserved patients. This can include education and awareness campaigns, research, and/or direct care for underserved patients
- Community Programs – Programs that strengthen the communities where our employees live and work, and provide opportunities for employee volunteerism
|Requirements of Organizations Supported by Our Foundation |
U.S.-based organizations must be a tax-qualified charitable organization by demonstrating 501(c)(3) tax status, and qualifying as a not-for-profit public charity as defined by Section 509(a)(1), (2), or (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Organizations based outside the U.S. must be a public charity substantially similar in governance, operation and mission to qualified U.S.-based organizations.
Additionally, all grant applicants must: (1) meet the grant type criteria; (2) complete the appropriate application; and (3) provide appropriate supplemental information (e.g., qualifying tax status, supporting financial statements and program budget).
Annual Grant Cycle Timeline
The committees of our Foundation prefer to evaluate all grant applications during our Foundation’s annual grant cycle, through which a majority of our Foundation’s giving is done. This process typically involves opening the grant cycle for applications in late spring, evaluating applications in late summer through early fall, and announcing grant recommendations in late fall.
2015 Grant Cycle
Key dates for the 2015 grant cycle:
- May 26, 2015 - Grant cycle open Click here for online application
- June 30, 2015 - Deadline for grant cycle applications
- September 30, 2015 - Grant recommendations announced
If you have any questions about the Edwards Lifesciences Foundation, please email or call (949) 250-5176.